28th NOVEMBER, SEE YOU ON THE PICKET LINES!
Mark your calendars, because on the 28th of November, we are taking a stand! Join us and let your voice be heard on the picket lines!
This is not just another day, it’s a chance for us to come together in unity and fight for what we believe in.
Together, we can create change. Together, we can make a difference. Stand with us on the 28th of November and let our collective determination ring loud and clear!
See you on the picket lines!
See You On the Picket Line!
- It will get well if you picket7th November Strike, view from the picket line. Well if the last strike day was wet this one was cold, it was nice in the sun, but Lensfield Road has its shady bits, and one was outside Chemistry. Great turnout again, and a cracking sing-song at the rally, along with some passionate speakers.Lots of letters… Read more: It will get well if you picket
- Letter To The VCSend a message to the VC, It woukld be great if you could print this letter out and post it to the VC, I have included and online link but loads of paper would be better. ToProfessor Deborah PrenticeVice-ChancellorCambridge UniversityOld SchoolsTrinity LaneCB2 1TN Dear Vice-Chancellor, I am a Cambridge student/ a university employee/ a resident… Read more: Letter To The VC
- Remember Remember The First of November…StrikeNovember 1st Strikes. I can feel it in my fingers… Well, it started wet and it finished wet, but we still had a strong showing. We caused a reaction at Chemistry, made an exhibition of ourselves on the New Museums site, booked in at the library, shut down the Fitz, and err had an effective… Read more: Remember Remember The First of November…Strike
- Keegan hopes to score with union-busting regulations!Interesting bit from our newsletter… Extension of the Minimum Service Level Regulations to HE? As is the way with government, mission creep seems to have set in, with Gillian Keegan, the Secretary of State for Education – probably best known for swearing on camera – making an announcement at the Tory Party Conference that she… Read more: Keegan hopes to score with union-busting regulations!
- October 2023 Cambridge Strikes!Great turnout for the strikes! See you on November the 1st! Great turnout for the strikes, Even the rain didn’t put our members off. Solidarity and Donuts! Loads of support from students and the public, special thanks to the Donut Donor of Downing Street, and a big honk to all the motorists who beeped, and… Read more: October 2023 Cambridge Strikes!
- Why Strike?What’s it all about?
- HOW DO I PICKET?Everything you want to know about picketing but were afraid to ask! Or , it will get better if you picket!
- Cambridge University Pay Strike 2023Industrial Action, Staff Strike Over Pay. Cambridge University must address the pay of essential workers, who have voted to strike. “Any strike action will bring substantial disruption to services for students and staff including building closures. I’d urge the university to come back to the negotiating table with a better offer worthy of our members’… Read more: Cambridge University Pay Strike 2023
- PAY, ONE-OFF PAYMENTSThanks Guv’nor Very Charitable. Members of the Imperial College Unite branch negotiate locally on pay. Over the past year, the branch has engaged in sustained industrial action (as previously reported in newsletters). Recently, the pay offer presented to branch members, as well as to UCU and Unison members at the college, was rejected by an… Read more: PAY, ONE-OFF PAYMENTS
- Strike Action At Imperial!Imperial College: Branch report on local pay campaign 2022-23 STRIKE! BBC’s Faisal Islam meets Imperial College Unite BS, Mark Keeping (baseball cap) and UCU’s Tom Pike, at the official picket, on 23rd February 2023 Membership Up! The Imperial branch of Unite has seen an increase in membership of over 16% since September last year, primarily… Read more: Strike Action At Imperial!
- NEWSLETTER March 2023(PAY UPDATE)Interim payment. The unions have expressed their disappointment that UCEA has instructed its member institutions to impose an interim payment of the 2023/24 pay increase, which is likely to take place in March (backdated to February). The payment will add £1,000 or 2% whichever is greater, to all the National Pay Spine points. This is… Read more: NEWSLETTER March 2023(PAY UPDATE)